Next Show: Friday, August 18, 2023
The University of Florida hosts a honey show two times a year coupled with our Bee College events. There are a variety of honey classes in the show as well as many other classes of hive products and art. From candles and meads to beekeeping textiles and gadgets, there is a place for everyone at the Bee College Honey Shows. You must be registered for Bee College to enter the honey show; however, entry into the show is free with paid admission to either event. All Bee College Honey Shows are judged by certified Florida Honey Judges.
How to Enter
- Register for Bee College!
- Read the general rules and regulations found under the Entry Resources tab below and decide which class(es) you would like to enter.
- Watch "Preparing Entries for a Honey Show"
- Download and fill out the Entry Form and Authenticity Form and send the completed forms to Ms. Glinda Burnett.
- At Bee College, check in with the Honey Show Secretary or Manager to retrieve the labels for your entries. There will be a staging area available on site to place the labels on your items, clean your jars, etc. Be sure to have your entries ready to hand off to the show stewards during the specified entry times.
- Entry Resources
The honey show is judged on the first day of Bee College and on display the second day. An awards ceremony will be held in the first evening of Bee College during the social event. Entries are available for check-out on the second afternoon.
Exhibit Class Awards
- 1st Prize: 6 points
- 2nd Prize: 5 points
- 3rd Prize: 4 points
- Very Highly Commended: 3 points
- Highly Commended: 2 points
- Commended: 1 point
- Supreme: Chosen from the first place prizes of all classes of extracted honey in a jar excluding class H6.
- Sweepstakes: Maximum points collected from an exhibitor for the prizes collected across the show bench.
- Best in Show: Awarded to the best exhibit in the show amongst all open exhibit classes.
Extracted honey entries on display at past UF show
Please submit questions and entry forms to:
Ms. Glinda Burnett, Honey Show Manager
PO Box 110620
Gainesville, FL 32611