Insect Collection Contest
Do you want a real challenge?
Do you want to test your reflexes and skill?
Do you want to really learn about insects?
If you answered Yes, then YOU should start an Insect Collection.
Insect collecting is fun, challenging, and educational. Best of all, you can show off all your hard work at your local fair and 4-H Congress. Every year your collection will get bigger and better, and you will learn more and more. It's also a project you can keep and remember for a lifetime (seriously).
You do not have to attend 4-H Congress to compete! You must fill out the Collection Contest registration form (step 3 below). See your 4-H agent for registration deadlines. Competing in the 4-H Bug Club Insect Collection Contest is easy! Follow these 5 easy steps and you will be ready to start collecting.
1. Choose what division you would like to participate in.
2. Read and print out the rules and instructions for the division you have chosen.
- Division I Rules and Instructions
- Division II Rules and Instructions
- Division III Rules and Instructions
- Division IV Rules and Instructions
3. Fill out and submit a "Collection Registration Form" on this web site.
4. Start Collecting!
- Where to find insect collecting supplies.
- Hints for making a great collection.
- Insect Collecting 101
- 4-H Study Materials for Entomology Contests - Use this information to help you fill out the forms that go inside your collection.
5. Bring your collection to 4-H Congress in July .
- Information on getting your collection to Congress.
(You can also send your collection with your county 4-H extension agent or 4-H leader.)