Next Show: Friday, March 6, 2020
The University of Florida hosts a honey show two times a year coupled with our Bee College events. There are a variety of honey classes in the show as well as many other classes of hive products and art. From candles and meads to beekeeping textiles and gadgets, there is a place for everyone at the Bee College Honey Shows. You must be registered for Bee College or the corresponding Florida Honey Judge training to enter the honey show; however, entry into the show is free with paid admission to either event. All Bee College Honey Shows are judged by certified Florida Honey Judges.
- How to Enter
- Register for Bee College or Florida Honey Judge training!
- Read the general rules and regulations found under the Entry Resources tab below and decide which class(es) you would like to enter.
- Download and fill out the Entry Form and Authenticity Form and send the completed forms to Ms. Glinda Burnett.
- At Bee College, check in with the Honey Show Secretary or Manager to retrieve the labels for your entries. There will be a staging area available on site to place the labels on your items, clean your jars, etc. Be sure to have your entries ready to hand off to the show stewards during the specified entry times.
- Entry Resources
The honey show will be judged on the first day of Bee College events and on display all the second day. An awards ceremony will be held in the evening after the honey show to see if you placed in the show and to claim your prize cards. Entries will be available for check-out the following afternoon.
Exhibit Class Awards
- 1st Prize: 6 points
- 2nd Prize: 5 points
- 3rd Prize: 4 points
- Very Highly Commended: 3 points
- Highly Commended: 2 points
- Commended: 1 point
- Supreme: Chosen from the first place prizes of all classes of extracted honey in a jar excluding class H6.
- Sweepstakes: Maximum points collected from an exhibitor for the prizes collected across the show bench.
- Best in Show: Awarded to the best exhibit in the show amongst all open exhibit classes.